Every year, we host a series of local excursions we like to call TEDxNaperville Adventures. Think of them as adult field trips, but with a TEDxNaperville twist. Attendees enjoy mentally stimulating activities with other TEDxNaperville attendees the morning of the event, then have time to grab a quick lunch and head to the main conference in the afternoon. Some adventures have direct relation to a speaker, some are just local hotspots or interesting activities.
In the past, Adventures have been a limited signup activity, usually only available to the first 100 ticket holders.
Here’s a few we’ve had in the past:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory(with special access to dark matter labs)
- Argonne National Laboratory (with special access to super computing areas)
- Naperville’s Century Walk and art tour
- Solemn Oath Brewery and tour of the beer making process
- Sourcebooks (with special guided tour of physical and digital bookmaking processes)
If you know of a fascinating place to house a mentally stimulating activity, let us know! Maybe your company or organization does a daily process that would be fascinating for the inexperienced. For example, maybe you own a printing business. You don’t necessarily find it interesting because you’ve done it for years, but many other people have no exposure to the process of printing and would find it very interesting. Host an adventure!
If interested or if you know someone who would have a great adventure, contact us at email@example.com and let us know.