Becoming a Volunteer
Roles span all areas, from venue design and social outreach to partner management and hospitality. We have openings for day-of-event or longer-term volunteers that take a more active role. Sign up for our volunteer list to be notified when our next volunteer meeting is and how to get involved.
Now Accepting Volunteers for 2017:
Sign up for our volunteer list and you’ll be emailed when volunteer activities start up (Usually Early Summer)
Being a part of TEDxNaperville is a serious and real commitment, regardless of your role. In addition to the specific tasks you’ll be involved with, we’ll depend on you for at least the following:
- Be an evangelist for TEDxNaperville, marketing it everywhere
- Follow through on tasks and commitments you sign up for
- Attend organizational meetings in Naperville
- Attend conference setup the two nights prior to the event
- Perform day-of conference setup and duties
What You Receive
As a volunteer, you’ll become part of a community and receive benefits including:
- Free conference admission
- Volunteer-only t-shirt
- Direct role in building a TEDx conference
- Access to brilliant ideas and speakers
- Great friends and experiences
- Volunteer parties!
Volunteer roles span a variety of time commitments and activities. The best way to learn more is to sign up for our volunteer mailing list. You’ll be contacted when our volunteer work begins for the next conference and be invited to introductory meetings to see if volunteering is right for you.
Short-term volunteer roles with duties only during 48-hours prior to the conference through the end of the conference.
- Adventure hosts: Representing TEDxNaperville at one of our adventures
- Registration: Welcoming and verifying attendees entering the conference
- Signage: Organizing, assembling, and hanging signage throughout the venue
- Stage managers: Managing all aspects of the stage, props, and gear
- Storytellers: Recording the conference and its creation from a behind-the-scenes perspective
- Talent wranglers: Queuing speakers and assisting them with any needs
- Ushers: Directing attendees throughout the venue and answering general questions
2-10 hr per week commitments throughout the planning of TEDxNaperville (usually June – November), including day-of duties.
- Adventures: Organizing mentally-stimulating, local TEDx field trips
- Content writing: Developing content for blogs, newsletters, social media, and storytelling
- Experience design: Designing activities for attendees to engage with during the conference
- Partnerships: Connecting business and community leaders to the conference
- Project management: Managing internal communication, projects, and goals
- Production: Running the live event, including visuals and cues
- Venue design: Designing and planning venue spaces and the stage, including look and function
- Visual design: Graphic design of the event, including marketing materials, badges, and theme